Thursday, October 1, 2009

Little Engines That Could.....


I really liked Topix.net as far as a search engine. I am working on a project for my Outreach Librarianship class about the Red Bank area and every time I want to do research for that class I end up with 8 different windows open on different newspapers or local blogs etc... This was a very easy way to search the latest happenings in Red Bank both news and socially related. Topix was definitely useful when searching a specific area. I believe feedster is no longer working. The Syndic8 interface was horribly simplistic. The bottom of the site had this series of pie charts that could have been made 20 years ago. Technorati is also a great site. When searching "librarians", I liked how they used a variety of sources- non librarian blogs, blogs attached to the ALA website and entrepreneur blogs encouraging people to use the library. It was definitely a good mix of sources.

2 comments:

  1. Technorati is definitely good.

    What is this pic? Just very curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a building from the financial district in Paris! I just kinda liked it for the post haha.

    ReplyDelete