The Bloglines account is a good idea but I was tempted at first to want to subscribe to so many different feeds. I had to weed out the feeds about cartoons and new urban legends- neither of those do I see myself following regularly. I think I'm starting to find that I need to focus on maybe 5-10blogs that I actually will read. Too much information sort of turned me off to the Bloglines for a bit and I got frustrated with it. I noticed a lot of the websites I tried to subscribe to were redirected to new sites. Bloglines may be in the process of upgrading their interface. I'm interested to see what they will change!
rev a shelf trash
5 years ago

I agree with your view on this. I used to have an RSS aggregator that had about 30 different subscriptions, and if I failed to check up on it for a single day, I would end up with over 1000+ unread items within 24 hours! I've recently reset my subscriptions and only have about 12-15, and it is much more manageable, and more informative, as well.
ReplyDeleteYes, information overload is still possible, even with the RSS feeds and feedreader!
ReplyDeleteWho is Brooklynchicken?
haha that is my flickr account name! its kind of an inside joke/ long story...
ReplyDelete