I really liked the concept of Delicious. Two of my classes this semester have asked me to gather a sizeable amount of information (10+ sources) as a "milestone" assignment to prepare for the final project. I had been using the folder option in Ebsco to keep track of the articles I found for the projects. I really liked Ebsco's concept to help me organize my different projects. The windows were set up simply and they were easy to use. I can only imagine that having a mobile version of this would be even more helpful.
Especially as a student we are constantly on the same sites- myrutgers, the Rutgers library site, sakai, ecollege and even our Learning2.0. It is hard to keep track of them. (For example- everytime I want to do the weekly Learning2.0 assignment, I end up Googling it because I never remember that address.) Having a way to access your bookmarks from any location is a great idea for students and professionals who are not always at the same computer all day.
rev a shelf trash
5 years ago
I agree--accessing bookmarks from different computers is a great thing! I like being able to get into my "Rutgers" folder with all of my school links no matter what computer I am on.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you. I'm just realizing now that I need to check if this website is available at work. The computer at my workstation is on the same network as the computer in my classroom, however, my bookmarks from my workstation are not available in my classroom. (If that makes any sense) It would be great if Delicious worked at work. Then my favorites would be available everywhere!I'm going to check tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI was actually in a bit of a "pickle" today, because I bookmarked a site to show my class from my workstation, and when I got to my classroom, the bookmark was not there! Obviously, it wasn't that big of a deal, but I would have looked a lot more prepared if it was just an easy click.
The EXACT reason for social bookmarking! :-)
ReplyDelete